- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter (or kief butter), room-temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room-temperature (plus enough to brush the bottom of the baking pan)
- 1 cup flour (for brownie batter)
- 2 tablespoons flour (for cream cheese mixture)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spread butter on the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan.
- Prepare brownie batter: Whisk 1 cup flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat non-infused, unsalted butter and chocolate in the top pan of a double boiler. Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
- Combine 1¼ cups of sugar to mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Add 3 eggs and stir until well combined.
- Combine flour and cocoa powder mixture to the melted chocolate, and stir until moist.
- Prepare cream cheese mixture: Combine room-temperature cream cheese with 2 tablespoons room-temperature cannabis-infused butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons flour; whisk until well combined.
- Spoon brownie batter and cream cheese mixture into the pan, alternating each. Then swirl both mixtures using a butter knife to make a swirled or marbled pattern.
- Bake Cannabis Cream Cheese Brownies in preheated oven until cooked through, yet still moist (approximately 50 to 60 minutes).
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10-30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 16 Cannabis Cream Cheese Brownies.
Enjoy these Cannabis Cream Cheese Brownies warm out of the oven with a glass of milk. Make a Cannabis Cream Cheese Brownie Sundae by topping one with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and cinnamon.
Leftover Cannabis Cream Cheese Brownies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
By Marie Veksler –